So I was getting caught up on youtube aviation videos and I came across this Lockheed Martin Skunk Works promo video. They show multiple systems in development or in the conceptual phase, including my personal favorite, the VARIOUS UCAV. Then up pops “Tomorrow’s Fighter” and what do you know, it’s a YF-23 with some wing and intake mods. Well I guess I am right, the USAF picked the wrong jet when it comes to the Advanced Tactical Fighter program! It is kind-of embarrassing when you throw a glitzy promo video like this together and pitch a variation of you competitor’s competing product from some two decades earlier! Yesterday’s losing fighter and an unnecessary replacement for the SR-71 Blackbird a decade and a half after its final retirement, what will America’s premier bleeding edge aerospace design house publicize next?!?!
Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr Uploads