Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr Uploads
Tag Archives: AIM-9X
CHINESE FLANKERS TURN BEIGE Apparently China has painted up a portion of their Flanker fleet in a desert camouflage which looks similar to the recent Moroccan F-16 scheme. The shot was posted over at Alert5 and looks to be originally … Read the rest of this entry
America is knee deep in 5th generation fighter test and evaluation endeavors and both events are great news for their perspective programs.
Stephen Trimble has two great posts today over at Flightglobal’s DEW Line blog. First is some inside info that apparently everyone’s favorite pint-sized Naval Aviator, Maverick, played by Tom Cruise, will be the leading role in the mysterious Top Gun … Read the rest of this entry
Unreal, watch the last engagement, that Phantom is 90′ off the nose, pulling hard and spewing BOL IR flares and it just gets spanked…
In the works for a long time, Iraq will finally purchase 18 F-16C Block 50/52s, these aircraft will be known as the F-16IQ. What is interesting is that they will be getting the semi-active homing AIM-7F Sparrow and AIM-9L/M sidewinder missiles with their … Read the rest of this entry
The Block II Super-Sidewinder is really a major upgrade to an already fantastic missile. The datalink alone will give the AIM-9X incredible cueing after launch capability, which is key in making the best use of the F-35’s Distributive Aperture System (basically 360 FLIR with … Read the rest of this entry
The F-35s Distributive Aperture System (DAS) is amongst its strongest attributes. It makes sense that it could cue High-Off-Bore-Sight (HOBS) missiles to their targets via data-link, without the launching aircraft needing to turn almost at all. In other words, at the merge, … Read the rest of this entry