Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- BROKEN BOOMS: WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO BUILD A TANKER AIRCRAFT?
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsThe ForceThe Biden Mobile Rockets Out Of PDXBloody Talons
Tag Archives: CATBAR
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9217918/Fighter-jets-about-turn-will-harm-capability.html Who is running things over at the UK Ministry Of Defense? Did it really require a “for special eyes only” report to comprehend that the F-35B, which contains less gas and less internal weapons storage capabilities, would be less … Read the rest of this entry
A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION: PRIME MINISTER CAMERON WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY REVERT BACK TO THE F-35B
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130612/Cameron-makes-humiliating-u-turn-future-Britains-aircraft-carriers.html#ixzz1sONp4r3U The UK Daily Mail and other major media outlets are reporting that Prime Minister David Cameron will almost certainly scrap his support for the country’s new aircraft carrier(s) to be outfitted with catapults and arresting gear in order to … Read the rest of this entry
Thomas Harding over at The Telegraph wrote a great piece on the state of US-UK “carrier relations,” an area of great interest here at Aviationintel as I am sure you are aware. In his piece, linked below, there are certain … Read the rest of this entry
As predicted here since the decision was made by the MoD to procure the conventional carrier optimized F-35C over the short takeoff and vertical landing F-35B, the MoD has since sobered up when it comes to the reality of how … Read the rest of this entry
THE UK PREPARES FOR THE F-35C, YET MAY OPT FOR THE F-35B ONCE AGAIN The BBC takes us inside the UK’s F-35 simulator where RAF pilots and industry folks are becoming re-familiarized with “cat & trap” naval aviation. This simulator … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.defencemanagement.com/news_story.asp?id=18127 It is becoming more clear now than ever that the UK can not afford two carriers, and even one may be a stretch under the current economic circumstances and total uncertainty surround the F-35 program. The MoD’s spastic planning nature is … Read the rest of this entry