Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsEvening Rush
Tag Archives: Chengdu
The testers at Chengdu are making some progress on their mammoth J-20 fighter. It looks like the … Read the rest of this entry
Another sign of the times. The Red Dragon rises while Uncle Sam feeds his shopping addiction and applies for more credit cards. Sad.
Pictures show a dummy PL-10, or an early derivative of this missile, mounted on the J-20’s unique rail system. The PL-10 is somewhat analogous to the ASRAAM, so we are in the short/intermediate range here (2000ft-20+miles very roughly speaking depending on … Read the rest of this entry
A couple things here I want to approach. First off, as predicted here months ago (with the help of my readers) the J-20’s is going through weapons bay trials, which will inevitably lead up to some type of test launch. … Read the rest of this entry
New pics and video are coming out of China depicting the J-20 with panels popped and what looks like a functioning radome attached. There is also a spot above the radome that may be a … Read the rest of this entry
Alert5.com posted a nice comparison of the two aircraft. It’s a bit of a “Where’s Waldo” type of exercise but if you look closely you can see some slight changes between the two prototypes, and thanks goodness they finally got … Read the rest of this entry
The soundtrack and the editing are a little cheesy but the montage of detail shots is useful. Of particular note, the J-20 is a beast of a jet, just look at the shot of the guy standing in the wheel … Read the rest of this entry
Stay tuned for an upcoming post on the J-20, consesus is starting to gel on Aviationintel’s side! *Thanks Oscar for sending this one over, I always love seeing the recent action out of Chengdu!
So many naysayers can now be silenced, the “Black Eagle” does have bays, confirming one more clue as to the developmental stage that the J-20 represents…
As reported here months ago, the J-20 more likely than not lends it lineage to the defunct MiG-1.44/1.42 program. Seems like Reuters is always a few months late on these stealth aircraft/geopolitical issues! http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/18/us-russia-china-jet-idUSTRE77H1AZ20110818
We truly live in amazing times. If you were to tell me a decade ago that China would have developed its own indigenous stealth fighter I would have laughed and asked what straight to VHS sci-fi video they saw that plot on. … Read the rest of this entry