Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsEvening Rush
Tag Archives: Chinook
I was super excited to see that the US Army was getting the opportunity to execute Super Bowl flyover 2014. Yes it is less than ideal having dark helicopters do the job after sundown, and yes a quartet of F-15s or F/A-18s … Read the rest of this entry
YES! But it is a very tight fit… After doing some research it seems that the Special Operations guys will load a Humvee into a 160th … Read the rest of this entry
EXCLUSIVE: “ARMY ONE” OVER AFGHANISTAN- PRESIDENT OBAMA ARRIVES IN KABUL, FLIES WITH US ARMY 160th SOAR ABOARD A SPECOPS MH-47G CHINOOK!
Was this an homage to the same guys that delivered the US Navy DEVGRU SEAL operators to Osama Bin Laden’s hideout a year ago today? Is the MH-47 more incognito and survivable than Marine One over such a hostile territory … Read the rest of this entry
MODERN AESA ARRAYS VULNERABLE TO ELECTRONIC AND CYBER ATTACK The world of countermeasures and counter-countermeasures is alive and well when it comes to modern Active Electronically Scanned Array radar sets. No longer do you simply (and its not simple) attempt … Read the rest of this entry
After those SEALs went down in an CH-47D, an old, tired helicopter not equipped for the special operations mission, I think this is totally relevant. *Some of you may say that a high end insertion platform may have made no … Read the rest of this entry
PURCHASING NEW VIP & NON COMBAT LOGISTICS HELICOPTERS ARE MORE OF A PRIORITY THAN NEW CSAR HELICOPTERS????
So buying an overblown, non-deployable force protection asset is more important than giving the Combat Search And Rescue guys a better suited machine than what they have been stuck with for years. The HH-60G is really operating at the edge … Read the rest of this entry
I have heard that H-47 drivers are a different breed: Now this is an extraction: http://youtu.be/YqqKe1AxfHk Look at where the rear rotor blades are in relation to the rock wall: WHEELIES!: Another killer tail sit: Chasing the basket: http://youtu.be/9xUSCfy75Ew Hitting … Read the rest of this entry