Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsEvening Rush
Tag Archives: chopper
Amazing. After over a decade of incredibly efficient and deadly warfare in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as successfully and economically training future Army helicopter pilots for decades, the OH-58 Kiowa may be put to rest… For good. Replacing or … Read the rest of this entry
24 well equipped UH-60/S-70C Blackhawks were bought by China from the US in the mid 1980’s with another on the books 100 as options. After the Tiananmen Square incident in 1989 the EU and US imposed an arms embargo on … Read the rest of this entry
This is some video, I saw it this morning posted over at David Cenciotti’s website TheAviationist.com, it is amazing how the helicopter just detonates after so many revolutions. Syria has about 100 transport helicopters, almost all of the Mi-8 “Hip” … Read the rest of this entry
Over the last few months there has been some talk about the possibility that Israel is using the same low-observable modified H-60 Blackhawks used in to the now infamous raid on the Bin Laden compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan over a … Read the rest of this entry
Skip Robinson over at Vertical Magazine has done a fantastic writeup on the changing of the guard between the old JUH-1H Hueys and the new UH-72A Lakotas based at Fort Irwin, the US Army’s national training center. These aircraft serve … Read the rest of this entry
Question: Can helicopter derived UAVs actually land in a situation like this? I highly doubt it.
Bell pushes Osprey to Canada for search and rescue duties. This is exactly where the Osprey’s expensive capabilities make the most sense, getting to those in need fast and getting those in even more need back for complex care as soon as humanly … Read the rest of this entry
Whenever I am asked what helicopter I would fly if I had my choice. SIMPLE ANSWER: The OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, followed closely by the AH-1 Cobra. The thing is so down and dirty when fighting insurgents (as in M-4 shooting out … Read the rest of this entry
I would of flown to Japan to shoot this!