Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- BROKEN BOOMS: WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO BUILD A TANKER AIRCRAFT?
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsThe ForceThe Biden Mobile Rockets Out Of PDXBloody Talons
Tag Archives: COIN
Just buy a damn aircraft already! Its a turboprop light attack and observation aircraft destined for another country for goodness sake, not a stealth bomber. The Brazilian built Embraer Super Tucano is better suited for Afghan use than the AT-6. … Read the rest of this entry
This is a fascinating program. Basically this thing is a manned Predator B drone. The reality about UAVs, especially on the lower end level such as the Predator and Huron UAVs, is that although they are unmanned, they actually suck … Read the rest of this entry
The fact that a tail dragger is competing on an international basis for a robust COIN platform is just totally entertaining. The thing looks like the A-10′s bastard child! http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/awx/2011/06/22/awx_06_22_2011_p0-337887.xml&headline=Air Tractor Near Deal For More 802U Orders Here is a better look … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/awst/2011/05/16/AW_05_16_2011_p48-316178.xml&headline=AT-6%20Seen%20As%20Versatile%20Combat%20Aircraft&next=0 I am a BIG supporter of a dedicated CAS/FAC-A/COIN platform that can loiter for long periods of time and can deliver precision ordinance. Right now using F-16s and F-15Es for this task is like taking a Ferrari on a cross-country road … Read the rest of this entry