Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr Uploads
Tag Archives: CSAR
After my recent piece about the Navy’s new LHA “America” class of amphibious assault ship’s inadequate thermal protection built into its flight deck, I think it is time for the Marine Corps, and the “Gator Navy,” to get serious about getting the most out of … Read the rest of this entry
What can I say, I have a soft spot in my heart for the HH-60Gs. These aircraft are flown hard by some of the best helo pilots in the world. Combat Search And Rescue is an intense affair where Pave … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-to-reallocate-funds-from-axed-cvlsp-contest-370079/ Combat Search And Rescue (CSAR) is an incredibly demanding mission set. The Pavehawk was never really well suited for the job. Much of it’s interior is consumed by a massive auxiliary fuel tank and the aircraft have literally been … Read the rest of this entry
Bell pushes Osprey to Canada for search and rescue duties. This is exactly where the Osprey’s expensive capabilities make the most sense, getting to those in need fast and getting those in even more need back for complex care as soon as humanly … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-helicopter-competition-postponed-again-faces-new-budget-review-362629/ I think its ridiculous that the USAF is now focused on replacing their ViP and Missile Silo tender helicopters instead of replacing their combat search and rescue helicopters which are ill-suited for the highly demanding task they are assigned. The CSAR-X competition … Read the rest of this entry
It is the best Combat Search And Rescue platform ever fielded, it would be great to see the V-22 in Israeli tan colors… http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2011/06/07/Israelis-favor-V-22-Osprey-for-special-ops/UPI-12461307473162/
PURCHASING NEW VIP & NON COMBAT LOGISTICS HELICOPTERS ARE MORE OF A PRIORITY THAN NEW CSAR HELICOPTERS????
So buying an overblown, non-deployable force protection asset is more important than giving the Combat Search And Rescue guys a better suited machine than what they have been stuck with for years. The HH-60G is really operating at the edge … Read the rest of this entry