Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr Uploads
Tag Archives: Eglin
The USMC is fielding its first “operational” squadron of F-35Bs at MCAS Yuma as I am writing this, although in reality the truth is very far from the headlines. Testing has not even reached the half-way point on the JSF … Read the rest of this entry
I think its time we all got caught up on what is and is not happening in the Joint Strike Fighter world. First off, lets start with something positive. The F-35 looks bad-ass in full burner at night, and with … Read the rest of this entry
F-35 SCRAP RATE 16%: WHY ON EARTH HAVE WE BOUGHT ALMOST 100 JETS THAT ARE BEING PRODUCED FULL OF FLAWS AND UNVALIDATED SYSTEMS?
PLEASE SEE UPDATED COMMENTARY ON USMC STANDING UP “OPERATION SQUADRON” AFTER READING THE PIECE BELOW: http://aviationintel.com/2012/11/19/go-ask-alis-the-f-35-is-about-to-go-fictionally-operational-woefully-unprepared/ http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/06/08/lockheed-fighter-idINL1E8H8GO520120608 The F-35 has a scrap/rework rate of 16%, much higher than any other aircraft during this time in it’s procurement. I have said … Read the rest of this entry
What the hell is the USAF and the other partner services thinking by trying to fly the F-35 on training missions when the weapon system is still in the earlier stages of rudimentary testing? HOW DID THE DoD EVERY BUY … Read the rest of this entry
How in the hell is this jet ready for mainline pilot training? Hasn’t Lockheed’s “cart before the horse” concept been totally shattered at this point? Now they are going to throw this aircraft into the operational training environment while it’s … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/base-41502-videos-force.html Love this classic quote: “What we’re finding is it’s taking a little bit longer and I’m not going down that path again and putting a month on it,” said Mike Rein, a spokesman for Lockheed Martin. I think its … Read the rest of this entry
What is this? Lockheed is going to possibly deliver a pair of impudent F-35s to kick off pilot training at Eglin AFB in 2 months after a little evaluation to see if they can sustain any type of sortie rate? This as the … Read the rest of this entry