Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- BROKEN BOOMS: WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO BUILD A TANKER AIRCRAFT?
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsFIRE DRAGON
Tag Archives: f-117
The year was 1974 and DARPA was becoming more interested in the idea that an aircraft, or a remotely piloted vehicle, that could be almost totally invisible to enemy radar. After fielding some secondary studies regarding the matter the … Read the rest of this entry
I have talked about Lockheed Skunk Works’ Have Blue technology demonstrator multiple times on this site, most recently in relation to Iran’s F-313. I have never seen footage of it in flight, until now…
Some awesome but sad pics found and sent over by Aviationintel reader Nicolae Sinu depict a horrific scene- one of the most fascinating vessels of the Cold War, the Lockheed Skunk Work’s stealthy Sea Shadow, being scrapped while still cocooned … Read the rest of this entry
These were posted over at the ATS forums by “boomer135,” it is not yet clear exactly how old these shots are. As you can see the jet is not in “pristine” condition when it comes to paint and tape uniformity. … Read the rest of this entry
INSEPARABLE TO THE END: TWO COLD WAR TREASURES, SEA SHADOW & THE HUGHES MINING BARGE, MAY FACE THE SCRAPPER’S TORCH
I am flabbergasted, stunned really, that an air and space museum, such as the USS Midway in San Diego, has not snapped up the legendary Hughes Mining Barge (HMB-1) and the Lockheed Sea Shadow (IX-529) from the US Navy for … Read the rest of this entry
I found these shots on the net, I have no clue who took them, but they clearly show the retired F-117 Nighthawks, wings detached, and packed inside their final resting place at their operational birthplace: Tonopah Test Range Airport, Nevada. … Read the rest of this entry
Holloman loses F-117s, Holloman gains F-22s, Holloman loses F-22s, Holloman gains F-16s, Holloman’s ”new” F-16′s delayed… The “musical ejection seats” game being played down in New Mexico is not entirely the USAF’s fault, once the Raptor’s numbers were cut to a worst case scenario inventory it … Read the rest of this entry