Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsEvening Rush
Tag Archives: flanker
Alert5.com posted these two pictures of a J-15 already conducting low approaches on China’s newly commissioned first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning. China has moved at lightning speed regarding other major military programs of the last decade and I do not … Read the rest of this entry
CHINESE FLANKERS TURN BEIGE Apparently China has painted up a portion of their Flanker fleet in a desert camouflage which looks similar to the recent Moroccan F-16 scheme. The shot was posted over at Alert5 and looks to be originally … Read the rest of this entry
During a fantastic brief put on by the 99th ABW Public Affairs unit at Nellis AFB during last month’s RED FLAG air war exercise, I asked the commanding officer of the 65th Aggressor Squadron, the guys who fly those eclectically … Read the rest of this entry
Apparently India as ordered 42 SU-30MKI’s to be built to a new standard that will feature a new AESA radar, cockpit layout, electronic warfare system, some stealth treatments, and more weapons carrying capability, as well as the ability to employ the powerful “Brahmos” cruise. I have … Read the rest of this entry
Just soem fun little SU-27 vids!
Big thanks to Dan K for finding this gem!
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/08/18/360961/maks-su-34-central-to-russian-modernisation-plan.html To read more about the unique SU-34 check out this recent post: http://aviationintel.com/?p=2441
Russia and the US did similar things when it came to coming up with replacements for their aging swing-wing deep strike bombers, in their case the SU-24 “FENCER”, and in our case the F-111 “Aardvark.” Instead of clean sheet designs both … Read the rest of this entry