Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- BROKEN BOOMS: WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO BUILD A TANKER AIRCRAFT?
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr Uploads
Tag Archives: heat seeking
A couple things here I want to approach. First off, as predicted here months ago (with the help of my readers) the J-20′s is going through weapons bay trials, which will inevitably lead up to some type of test launch. … Read the rest of this entry
I have been following this story from before there was one. It would seem that Qaddafi’s massive stockpile of shoulder fired heat seeking missiles has made their way all over the region. From neighboring countries in North Africa to the … Read the rest of this entry
Unreal, watch the last engagement, that Phantom is 90′ off the nose, pulling hard and spewing BOL IR flares and it just gets spanked…
Is this good news or bad news??!?! Great work to the folks that are working so hard to round them up, but still 15,000 of them are still unaccounted for? Even if 5% of that has been smuggled into terrorists hands that … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeast/articles/2011/11/11/israel_speeds_up_work_on_airline_defense_system/ Earlier aviationintel article about C-MUSIC: http://aviationintel.com/?p=3237
Some of many fears realized: http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/hamas-boosting-anti-aircraft-arsenal-with-looted-libyan-missiles-1.392186
This new system will allow air crews to train at employing their defensive infra-red countermeasures suites while taking evasive action against a real “hot spike” on their missile launch detection system without have to fire a real missile and/or having to … Read the rest of this entry
Very interesting! I would be a little weary of flying in formation with an aircraft equipped with it though! http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=228924