Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- BROKEN BOOMS: WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO BUILD A TANKER AIRCRAFT?
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsFeed Your Wild SideFuture's PresentRaptor Roost
Tag Archives: hercules
Fixed wing gunships like the AC-130, AC-47 and AC-119 may look like lumbering brutes during the day, but once the sun goes does down they enter their ideal predatory environment and their presence turns from bristling beasts of burden to light … Read the rest of this entry
The crash scene at the end is just wild.
I have always been amazed with how long it has taken to weaponize the Hercules beyond the cartridge slinging AC-130s that have been around for almost half a century. The C-130, especially in its more powerful “J” format, has always … Read the rest of this entry
The last four years have been littered with orphaned capabilities and weapon systems that were thought of as irreplaceable less than a half decade ago. Much of the time the oldest hardware gets the boot, although these systems are still … Read the rest of this entry
THE SIKORSKY CH-53K IS GOING TO BE ONE BAD BITCH This things should be the USMC’s top priority. “Shitters” make it happen, when they can actually fly. The current fleet is hurting bad from what I hear. A new machine … Read the rest of this entry
That’s right folks, the small yet potent Kiowa fits neatly into the belly of a Hercules!
I BEG the USAF to NOT re-engine the legacy C-130 fleet out of pure personal vanity, smoking aircraft are by far the coolest to shoot! http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/07/air-force-c-130-replacing-older-engines-072011w/