Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr Uploads
Tag Archives: jet fighter
A fiberglass mockup, or at best a kit built level of complexity technology demonstrator (I doubt it is even flyable but see the BD-10 for a loose comparison) and video of an RC airplane? Wow Iran. After a good laugh … Read the rest of this entry
Although the USAF has admitted that the Combat Edge vests worn by F-22 pilots are not alone the cause of the Raptor’s life support issues, it has found that they could be a contributing factor. In response the Air Force … Read the rest of this entry
A massive last-ditch effort by the Eurofighter partner nations to get the Indians to give the Typhoon another look under a revised, apparently cheaper proposal, has been denied by the Indian Government. Apparently procuring and operating the EF2000 instead of … Read the rest of this entry
SECONDHAND LIONS: Israel Eyes Surplus US F-15s… Again. The USAF Could Learn A Thing Or Two From The IDF.
This story has surfaced once again, mainly surrounding the IAF’s interest in acquiring used US F-15A/B/C/Ds. This is not a new idea. Back in the early 90’s Israel took delivery of a batch of freshly retired F-15C/Ds which is considered a very smart purchase in retrospect. … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-03/lockheed-s-f-35-costs-rose-64-over-decade-in-rich-man-s-world-.html There is nothing new in this piece that I have not beaten like a dead horse already, but retired USAF general, and fellow Oregonian, Tony McPeak’s comments in this piece were very interesting. McPeak obviously is a bleached-in-blue Air Force man who has been out of the game for … Read the rest of this entry
I have always been fascinated with dispersed tactical operations, especially when they include landing and taking off from highways and roadways. With this in mind here you go guys!: http://youtu.be/Ave-UBbZ4-w
I am a BIG fan of keeping the F-16 line warm so that the US has a hardware option if the F-35 gets cut. Even if we use our dwindling borrowing power to help Iraq buy these jets it’s a … Read the rest of this entry
We truly live in amazing times. If you were to tell me a decade ago that China would have developed its own indigenous stealth fighter I would have laughed and asked what straight to VHS sci-fi video they saw that plot on. … Read the rest of this entry