Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr Uploads
Tag Archives: joint stike fighter
Possibly the most “popular” new capability featured on the highly controversial F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is the aircraft’s Distributed Aperture System, otherwise known as “DAS” for short. DAS is a unique system that pairs an array of cameras installed around … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9217918/Fighter-jets-about-turn-will-harm-capability.html Who is running things over at the UK Ministry Of Defense? Did it really require a “for special eyes only” report to comprehend that the F-35B, which contains less gas and less internal weapons storage capabilities, would be less … Read the rest of this entry
A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION: PRIME MINISTER CAMERON WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY REVERT BACK TO THE F-35B
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2130612/Cameron-makes-humiliating-u-turn-future-Britains-aircraft-carriers.html#ixzz1sONp4r3U The UK Daily Mail and other major media outlets are reporting that Prime Minister David Cameron will almost certainly scrap his support for the country’s new aircraft carrier(s) to be outfitted with catapults and arresting gear in order to … Read the rest of this entry
This figure is up almost 50% in just one year! Further, each F-35 will cost $145M. I believe this figure is for the A model, the C will be higher, and the B will be way higher. The Raptor was … Read the rest of this entry
Stephen Trimble has two great posts today over at Flightglobal’s DEW Line blog. First is some inside info that apparently everyone’s favorite pint-sized Naval Aviator, Maverick, played by Tom Cruise, will be the leading role in the mysterious Top Gun … Read the rest of this entry
AN ABSOLUTE MUST READ!: Bill Sweetman Over @ Aviationweek Wraps Up All The F-35’s Problems And Puts Them In Fantastic Perspective!
UNREAL. This aircraft has been in testing for years, designed well over a decade before that and it is having so many severe problems that it makes NO SENSE in continuing with the program. No matter how fantastic the concept is … Read the rest of this entry