Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- BROKEN BOOMS: WHY IS IT SO DAMN HARD TO BUILD A TANKER AIRCRAFT?
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr UploadsFIRE DRAGON
Tag Archives: Shoulder fired
I have been following this story from before there was one. It would seem that Qaddafi’s massive stockpile of shoulder fired heat seeking missiles has made their way all over the region. From neighboring countries in North Africa to the … Read the rest of this entry
Is this good news or bad news??!?! Great work to the folks that are working so hard to round them up, but still 15,000 of them are still unaccounted for? Even if 5% of that has been smuggled into terrorists hands that … Read the rest of this entry
http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeast/articles/2011/11/11/israel_speeds_up_work_on_airline_defense_system/ Earlier aviationintel article about C-MUSIC: http://aviationintel.com/?p=3237
The reality is that this technology may make sense for the military, El Al Airlines and some heavy cargo operators that operate in high risk theaters of warfare, but I doubt we will see advanced DIRCM (Directional Infra Red Counter Measures) systems … Read the rest of this entry
It is odd that Gaddafi invested so heavily in the latest shoulder fired missile technology, but never put them to work when the NATO led air battle kicked off. The other side to this story is that some of these modern MANPADS are missing … Read the rest of this entry
Very interesting! I would be a little weary of flying in formation with an aircraft equipped with it though! http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=228924