Search this Site:
Categories & Hot Topics
- AMERICA'S NEXT BOMBER: A TRAGICALLY FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY
- CHINA'S ANTI-SHIP BALLISTIC MISSILE & THE LOST RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE
- IN-DEPTH PHOTO ANALYSIS OF THE SUPPOSED RQ-170 SENTINEL DRONE IN IRANIAN HANDS
- MY PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE F-35: THE ALTERNATIVES ARE OUTSTANDING!
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS PART II: THE GRANDSON OF "TACIT BLUE"
- RQ-170 SENTINEL ORIGINS: DARKSTAR HAS GROWN UP
- SKYNET COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU?: WIDE AREA AIRBORNE SURVEILLANCE WILL BE A GAME CHANGER OVER THE WAR ZONE & THE HOME FRONT
- The Chengdu J-20: CHINA'S BLACK DRAGON RISES WHILE AMERICA'S RAPTOR FALLS
- THOUGHTS ON THE F-22 RAPTOR & F-15 GOLDEN EAGLE AIR DOMINANCE TEAM
- TYLER'S 10 THOUGHTS ON THE FUTURE OF DRONE WARFARE
Ty’s Photography Showcase Site
Recent Flickr Uploads
Tag Archives: weapon
As I have discussed for years, drones are going to start looking much more like organic species (if you have not read this article yet than please do now). The Army sees the value of hiding in plain site, this … Read the rest of this entry
Some awesome but sad pics found and sent over by Aviationintel reader Nicolae Sinu depict a horrific scene- one of the most fascinating vessels of the Cold War, the Lockheed Skunk Work’s stealthy Sea Shadow, being scrapped while still cocooned … Read the rest of this entry
Our good friend David Cenciotti over at the Aviationist.com reports that China has purchased at the least a significant batch of Cold War era Tu-22 backfires from Russia, although it appears that this could actually be a deal for the … Read the rest of this entry
America is knee deep in 5th generation fighter test and evaluation endeavors and both events are great news for their perspective programs.
Laser Phalanx is well on its way to becoming an operationally useful tool. Directed energy weapons are the holy grail of Close In Weapon Systems, and once they mature they could replace everything from the Navy’s current 20mm gatling gun … Read the rest of this entry
INSEPARABLE TO THE END: TWO COLD WAR TREASURES, SEA SHADOW & THE HUGHES MINING BARGE, MAY FACE THE SCRAPPER’S TORCH
I am flabbergasted, stunned really, that an air and space museum, such as the USS Midway in San Diego, has not snapped up the legendary Hughes Mining Barge (HMB-1) and the Lockheed Sea Shadow (IX-529) from the US Navy for … Read the rest of this entry
F-35 MAKES A VERY LOW LEVEL BOMB DROP ! Well maybe it was just into a concrete pit while it was hung above but none-the-less it did release a weapon! Oh and … Read the rest of this entry
The second generation of the Small Diameter Bomb that is currently in testing is a game changing force multiplier. The SDB’s modular concept allows for a full menu of warhead and fusing combinations that can be used to take out a … Read the rest of this entry
HA! As Randomly Theorized Here A Week Ago, Apparently The DoD Does Have A Scalable Microwave Weapon Afterall!
READ THIS: http://aviationintel.com/?p=3878 Then READ THIS: http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?channel=awst&id=news/awst/2011/11/21/AW_11_21_2011_p29-395318.xml&headline=First%20Look:%20Electronic%20Warfare%20Missile%20&next=0
As we are beginning to see in Asia, the F-35 is being treated as a kind of containment weapon by the US when it comes to exports to allies outside of NATO. The possibility of, and the current attempt at surrounding China … Read the rest of this entry